Canada will host Wills and Kate’s first visit

Started by Tiara, January 31, 2011, 03:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiara

Canada will host Wills and Kate's first visit   :partaay:
http://tinyurl.com/69fkmnh

Prince William and Kate Middleton get an invite to Canada
http://tinyurl.com/6bbhtoe
Princess Diana was a human being, with all the faults of most of us, but also with a bigger heart than most of us. As I discovered on that last mission for humanity, there was an underlying humility which, at least to me, redeems all. - Nelson Mandela

wannable

Duncan Larcombe, referring to the overseas tours, says this July to Canada and apparently when there, Kate will be doing at least her first solo appearance at one event.

Sooner than I thought, good for them.   :thumbsup:

QuoteAides are agonising over details of the trip because they know the couple - and particularly Kate - will be under the microscope.
William is understood to be personally overseeing the programme to ensure it does not overwhelm his new wife, who has agreed to do at least one solo engagement.   

And the best of luck to Kate.

mbb

Great news , and I'm really looking forward to see how well Kate does in her first solo engagement .

Rebound

This is wonderful! 

My neighbor to the north is their first overseas visit together..so exciting. I know they will enjoy their visit--Canada is so gorgeous, and so welcoming.

A great choice for them.

LizzyG

BritishRoyals

Very exciting, indeed!  Seems like a legitimate story from Larcombe (glad he's back reporting on royal news). Much sooner than I thought, too.  Now we wait for the official announcement from Clarence House...

ap3

i'd love to see them on tour!

but i'm surprised they'd send her (them) on a foreign tour just 2-3 months after the wedding.  there isn't even talk about visits in britain and they're sending her on a foreign tour?!

also, foreign tours are planned soo far in advance.  wouldn't the palace and candian govt have announced by now if they were going?

WOW

Good to hear this news! Didn't Charles and Diana go to Canada for their 1st official engagement?

sandy

Diana and Charles went to Wales in late 1981, then to Australia in 1983 and later in 1983 to Canada.

It will be good to see the newlyweds out and about.

Scarlet Flowers

I didn't believe this at first.  But now...goof for them.
They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept any but one; they promised to take our land, and they took it.~Red Cloud

When you step out in faith, you step into a whole other world.

wannable

A tidbit

QuoteOTTAWA –  Canada will commemorate the upcoming wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton by paying tribute to the British royal newlyweds with a pair of new stamps.

The national postal service said Friday that the two stamps will be issued on May 2, just days after the couple tie the knot on April 29.

Mary Traversy, senior vice president of transaction mail at Canada Post, says the stamps will be available at post offices across Canada.

Traversy says the country's stamps are a reflection of who we are as a nation and the royal wedding is one of those rare occasions that will touch many people.

Canada Post says designs of the royal wedding stamps will be available shortly.   

FanDianaFancy

Sounds  good. She'll  be  fine. 
I  really believe  this girl is going  to do  the right thing, do  her best,  and  make her country   proud as a RP  and  ambassador  of  the country.

milena

Given the long years she has spent with getting prepared for the day she will marry William,she should be doing things right but there is no point in expecting much...

As to,Canada Post says designs of the royal wedding stamps will be available shortly,I'm sure that they'll be ten times better than the royal coins. 

skye

Quote from: milena on February 05, 2011, 06:57:39 PM
As to,Canada Post says designs of the royal wedding stamps will be available shortly,I'm sure that they'll be ten times better than the royal coins. 

I wouldn't be so sure of that ... they probably had to use google to find out who Kate is and what she looks like! As for William, the last Canadian stamp of him I think was for his 21st birthday, and they used a picture from something like 5yrs earlier,  lol !

wannable

QuoteTuesday, February 15, 2011

CBC News

Prince William and Kate Middleton will spend Canada Day the way the prince's grandmother, the Queen, did last year, in Ottawa.

CBC News has learned William and Kate will make their first official trip as a married couple to Canada from the end of June to mid-July.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Governor General David Johnston will make the announcement on Wednesday.

The royal couple are expected to travel across Canada — from Atlantic Canada to the West Coast — and to the Arctic.

William and Kate are getting married on April 29 in London.

The prime minister invited the couple to Canada after they announced their engagement in November 2010.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2011/02/15/prince-william-kate-middleton-canada-visit.html?ref=rss#ixzz1E5RgPmYS   

Jenee

I had heard that this was a possibility, but I didn't think anything was confirmed yet.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

wannable

Apparently it will be officially announced today.

wannable

RoyalReporter

A detailed itinerary will be published later but they are going to Alberta, North West Territories, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Ottawa.
44 minutes ago via web

St James's Palace has finally officially confirmed Prince William and Kate Middleton will tour Canada from June 30 to July 8.
about 1 hour ago via web

Windsor

Very good news, Canada has always been considered Home away from Home for the British Royals.  :thumbsup:

HRHLondon

Yes, very exciting! And Kate's first trip to Canada, I think.

Countess of Highgrove

This is quite aggressive,IMO. For Kate to embrace a tour like this so close to the wedding is very impressive. :thumbsup: I bet we will see quite a bit of the couple doing engagements like the ones they are doing next week to prepare her for what will likely be quite a whirlwind experience.

Very impressive,I think!