Prince Harry's Sentebale Charity - Billy Franks appeal

Started by wannable, March 02, 2010, 03:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

The Beautiful Game - Billy Franks - World Cup Charity Song
I am not so much a supporter of football as I am a lover of what at times can rightly be referred to as The Beautiful Game.
I find it difficult to wish any team ill if they play football with grace and style.
And so, like so many of you, I am excited about the coming World Cup in South Africa and England's chances in it.
With the absence of an official song, there will no doubt be a raft of unofficial ones, and you can bet your season ticket that all of them will be predictable, terrace chant anthems no different or better than those served at previous tournaments.
I have a better idea.
I have a song, called in fact, The Beautiful Game. Those who have heard it consider it not only the best song on the subject but also one of the better songs from my own collection.
We are recording it this month with a full band and an African gospel choir. Believe me it will be quite something.
It will be released in May in record shops and in all the usual download stores.
All the money from sales will go to the charity, sentebale, www.sentebale.org
Sentebale was founded by Prince Seeiso from the Lesotho Royal family and Prince Harry from the British Royal family in response to the plight of the neediest of Lesotho's people - its orphans and vulnerable children.
My own aim is to get this group 20,00 members by May 2010. Then when the single is released there will be enough of us to give the song and the charity the impact they deserve.
Please ask all your friends to join this group and pledge to buy the song come world cup time.
Help us make a difference.
Thank you and best wishes,
Billy Franks.

What a nice gesture  :thumbsup:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=473568880106&ref=mf

And he already has 2,116 members.

Stix Chix

i cant wait to hear it. :happy:

Harry was at a Billy Franks concerts in the summer.  i wonder if that inspired his choice?
http://theinternetforum.net/royalforum/index.php/topic,40780.0.html

Harryite #0004