American friends of Sentebale polo match

Started by Stix Chix, April 14, 2009, 10:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stix Chix

ok ok ok.....i know i got all excited last year that Harry might be going to New York for a WellChild fundraiser.  and it never happened.  but now i get to get all excited about Harry maybe coming to New York this year for a Sentebale fundraiser! :woo:  it's polo no less.....you know he's gotta go. :laugh:

Manhattan Polo Classic Returns to Governors Island for the Second Consecutive Year--EarthTimes.org
QuoteThe Polo Classic will be the first of a series of events on Governors Island which will celebrate the 400th anniversary of New York.  Proceeds of the event will benefit American Friends of Sentebale, a charity that supports at-risk children in Lesotho, Africa.

Said Sentebale's Chairman, Charles J. Denton, "This iconic event will help raise awareness for our organization - Lesotho faces some enormous problems, and our work there could not be more vital. The numbers of orphans and vulnerable children suffering are staggering, and we are managing to make a real difference to help them. Events like this are crucial to support our work and we look forward to our growing relationship with Veuve Clicquot."

Harryite #0004

Allie

My mom lives in New York...I might have to go visit her that week...
;)

drvixen101

Harryite #0070
Willite #0059

Tizzy

Harry + Harry in New York + Harry playing polo  =   :drool: :abs: :woo:

Road trip for us Americans I say :partaaay: :cool:

Satrine

I bet all the NYC debs will be out in full force too, hoping to snag a prince. Who knows, maybe one will get lucky?
"OUR LIVES BEGIN TO END THE DAY WE BECOME SILENT ABOUT THINGS THAT MATTER"

-MARTIN LUTHER KING

brittanylala

I hate to be a downer but I don't think Harry is to fond of "yanks" in "yank land". His Facebook words not mine.

But hey, I hope one of our lovely American forum-ers rocks up to the polo and blows him away :)

Stix Chix

yank?  i'm soooo offended.  not. :laugh:

Quote from: Satrine on April 15, 2009, 07:03:32 PM
I bet all the NYC debs will be out in full force too, hoping to snag a prince. Who knows, maybe one will get lucky?
o geez....Paris!  i didn't even think of that. :doh: :laugh:  she rarely shows up anywhere in daylight though. ;)

Harryite #0004

Satrine

^^You are a moderator and I would hope that you could withhold your personal opinion about "Yanks" w/o making it sound demeaning. I did not mention Paris Hilton. It's hard to believe this but we do have aristo girls, maybe not titled in the States that are not like Paris Hilton. I guarantee that some would not be caught w/a girlfriend holding their breasts while on vacation as Princess Eugenie has shown. So before you make judgements about us perhaps you should look at those you compare them to?

-MARTIN LUTHER KING

Stix Chix

^i am a yank. :happy:  Paris is our best known deb.  she lives in NY, and has been mentioning Harry every 5 minutes since she he ran away from her at a club a few months ago, and who's now stalking his clubs and friends.....o God, Harry's not going to risk setting a toenail near New York is he? :(

Harryite #0004

Satrine

SC, well than I apologise for my remarks and no hard feelings. I hope he comes as his charity needs him to be there to bring in more people, which means more $ for Africa children. Harry caught alot of flack as of late because of funding issues and it always looks better if the sponsor shows for the event. Paris Hilton has ruined the Hilton name and what ever clout they had. I was thinking along the line of Amanda Hearst, Byrdie Bell or Lauren Bush although she is taken and probably to boring for Harry. Caroline Kennedy has a beautiful daughter surprisingly as the Kennedy woman are not always the best looking w/the jaws- Rose Scholsburg is her name, but they don't like the media too much.  :)

-MARTIN LUTHER KING

jmax

Quote from: brittanylala on April 15, 2009, 09:06:35 PM
I hate to be a downer but I don't think Harry is to fond of "yanks" in "yank land". His Facebook words not mine.

But hey, I hope one of our lovely American forum-ers rocks up to the polo and blows him away :)

What exactly does his facebook page say?  Is it really his facebook page and not a fake?  Was it meant as a joke?  :(  I ask because his public persona doesn't jibe with this.  Seems like a really odd thing to say. :blink:

drezzle

Quote from: Satrine on April 17, 2009, 12:33:29 AM
Caroline Kennedy has a beautiful daughter surprisingly as the Kennedy woman are not always the best looking w/the jaws- Rose Scholsburg is her name, but they don't like the media too much.  :)

http://www.zimbio.com/Rose+Schlossberg

She is a beauty -- esp for a Kennedy ;)
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Satrine

Drezzle, are you being sarcastic? I think she is pretty, but does not look to be PH type. She looks similar to Kate, before she started blow drying her hair straight. Every now and then the Kennedy's throw out a looker, usually the men, like JFK Jr. ;) How do you manage to find these pics so quick? I just scrolled down and looked at the others, maybe she is PH type. She also reminds me alot of Katie Holmes pre-Tommy Cruise, Dawson Creek days.

-MARTIN LUTHER KING

drezzle

No sarcasm at all, she is really pretty, period.  She's even much prettier than Kate or Katie.

I said for a Kennedy since I don't remember any of them being especially pretty, not even Jackie.  Not that they looked bad, but no great beauties.   I haven't noticed many pictures of the latest generation so who knows, there may be more, but as they say, looks fade and stoopid etc. is forever, so it's not all that important in the overall scheme.  Princess Diana was said to be a great admirer of JFK jr., so some alliance of the princes with the Kennedy family would probably have pleased her.
If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Stix Chix

well, he's used to long distance relationships so..... :happy: ;)

New york was originally a Dutch settlement so i wonder if any of the Dutch royal family will be there to mark the 400th anniversary?

but whoever else attends this match i really, really, really hope Harry will turn up. :laugh:  either in the stands or on a horse. :happy:

Harryite #0004

brittanylala

Quote from: jmax on April 17, 2009, 04:58:02 AM
What exactly does his facebook page say?  Is it really his facebook page and not a fake?  Was it meant as a joke?  :(  I ask because his public persona doesn't jibe with this.  Seems like a really odd thing to say. :blink:

Hey, I really hope your not offended! I'll post the comments from Facebook if the mods are okay with it just to prove my point.

Harry does have Facebook, he goes under the name Spike Wells. You can't find him unless your his friend...he's 100% private. His comments were from 2007, so it's safe to say he's matured. Well you would hope! Harry made the yank jibes when Chelsy left to go to America on her travels so it could just be Harry being petty. Just to play the wild card here do you remember when H&W gave the Diana concert interview and they were asked by Matt L. what their views on America were and Harry said "not good" and Will shot back "you did not just say that".

brittanylala

^ I've just re-read what I posted this morning and I would like to add that I'm sure Harry's comments were made in a moment of pettiness. I wouldn't take it to heart too much. He dislikes England more than America!!

Sorry mods for double posting.

Stix Chix

pictures are one thing....but for the sake of their privacy we'd rather members not give links to screen shots of their private conversations on the forum.  not that anyone has done that in this thread....i'm just giving a reminder. :happy:

i know i'm repeating myself but if you stick your nose in other peoples conversations not meant for your ears (or eyes) you dont have much room to complain if you see or hear something you dont like.  i wouldn't take anything said about "Yanks in Yankland" any more more seriously then i take seriously any complaints about the British weather....which in itself is (admit it ;) ) one of the great British pastimes which surpasses even the international sport of teasing and complaining about Americans. :laugh:

Harryite #0004

jmax

Quote from: brittanylala on April 19, 2009, 11:36:50 AM
Just to play the wild card here do you remember when H&W gave the Diana concert interview and they were asked by Matt L. what their views on America were and Harry said "not good" and Will shot back "you did not just say that".

I'm going to respond to this on the Harry's Den board, because I don't want to go completely off topic.  I'm quoting the acual interview, this isn't what was said...

brittanylala

^ Oh, I'm sorry. I quoted it from the top of my head/memory so it wasn't going to be word for word gospel.

jmax

^No Brittanylala, I'm not suggesting the wording being different matters, it doesn't.  But the context does.  If you'd gotten the words wrong, but not the context I would've agreed with you.   But, Harry is making a joke, clearly.  He says the exact opposite in the next sentence.

brittanylala